Importance of Calendar Sync .
Today, I learn the importance of syncronization of calendar in an organization, as Sir Meric discuss it to us in a 30-minute seminar awhile ago. Now, on my part,I was about to share it to other for their own benefit too. So what is a Syncronized Calendar all about? As a calendar define as an orderly arrangement of the division of time, adapted to the purposes of civil life, as years, months, weeks, and days.
Importance of Synchronization of Calendar:
- Organizing schedule shouldn’t be burden.
- Share your schedule. Everybody can see company’s day to day schedules(e.g. Meeting with client, urgent commitments, etc.) and also serves as reminder to the whole workforce their deadlines and so on and so forth.
- Easily schedule appointments.
- Get your calendar on the go. You can look at it anywhere on google, on your mobile phones, thunderbirds,Vtigers etc.
- Never forget another event again. Just like what you have read above it serves as a reminder.
- Send invitation and track RSVP. It automatically send your schedules to respective email of your client.
- Access your calendar. You can access it whenever and wherever you are.
Lets talk about the technical components of Synchronized Calendar
Thunderbird is a free email application that’s easy to set up and customize – an email client type. Mozilla Foundation is one of the most popular open source organization. To be able to sync in your calendar to Google you must have install Lightning Software and Google Provider as an add-on. Remember, Google Provider is not automatically integrated to Google, it will not work without installing Lightning Software. Same with making a calendar application to VTiger Google Calendar Integration, you cannot proceed not unless you install the VGCal Software to be able to sync in the Google. VTiger use DOM or Document Object Model which has the ability to read an XML,ICal or HTML. Now you can simply download it and everything will automatically updated on your google calendar.
You may start to set your day to day update on your calendar..